A market leader in American art for over 17 years, Jackson Hole Art Auction’s three annual sales offer a high standard of works across several genres, including wildlife, sporting, figurative, landscape, Western, and Native American art by both classical masters and contemporary artists. Our annual September auction has been recognized as one of the premier art events in the country and is a signature event of the Jackson Hole Fall Arts Festival, attracting collectors from across the country and abroad. JHAA’s sales feature works from highly collected artists such as John Clymer, Howard Terpning, Bob Kuhn, Carl Rungius, Joseph Henry Sharp, Frederic Remington, John Nieto and Robert Bateman, among many others.
In 2023, JHAA launched a retail gallery space to feature artist exhibitions, furniture & decorative art, and private sale artwork.
JHAA is partnered by Trailside Galleries, Gerald Peters Gallery, and Sotheby’s veteran Kevin Doyle, who together have more than 100 years of art experience and expertise.
Auction, private sale, and gallery exhibitions are displayed year-round in our permanent 15,000-square-foot building in downtown Jackson.
• Kevin Doyle has been the Managing Director at JHAA since 2021. Prior to joining JHAA, he worked for two decades at Sotheby’s, the world’s largest marketplace for art and luxury. While at Sotheby’s, Kevin was an integral part of several record-setting sales events, including fine art and jewels from the Collection of Paul and Bunny Mellon, The Marie Antoinette Natural Pearl from The Bourbon Parma Collection, the 1953 Jaguar C-Type Works Lightweight and various marquee sales of American, Impressionist, Contemporary, African and Islamic arts.
• Since 1963, Trailside Galleries has been regarded as one of the pre-eminent dealers in American representational art, specializing in a rich and varied collection of works by the leading western, wildlife, figurative, impressionist, and landscape artists in the country. Trailside has been in business for 55+ years, making it the oldest and most established gallery in Jackson Hole.
• The founding auction principles Maryvonne Leshe and Roxanne Hofmann bring decades of experience in private sales, gallery ownership, and auction management.
GERALD PETERS GALLERY
• In 1972, Gerald Peters founded the Gerald Peters Gallery in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Gerald Peters has long been recognized as one of the world’s most respected dealers of American art of nineteenth and twentieth centuries with special interests that include classic Western art, paintings of the Taos Society of Artists and the Santa Fe Art Colony, American modernists, American and European Impressionists, the Ash Can School, the New York School, contemporary art, traditional and modern sculpture, naturalism, and vintage and contemporary photography.
• Located in Santa Fe’s historic district, the gallery’s Spanish pueblo-style adobe building includes 8,500 square feet of indoor exhibition space, a gracious sculpture garden, a large research library, and a bookstore.